A Perfect Blood-Kim Harrison


Oh Rachel. What have you gotten yourself into now?


“Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth--a would-be creator is determined to make his (or her) own demons. But it can't be done without Rachel's blood”

So the end of Pale Demon totally left me hanging. I wasn’t too sure what to think. What? Rachel with no magic? I mean sure, Rachel has to hide from the demons in the Everafter because she ripped a hole in reality and all, but she is cut off. Hiding being a shiny piece of silver made by Trent with Elf magic, Rachel tries to determine who she is and what she is in A Perfect Blood. Kim Harrison does it again in creating a story that makes me stay up late, turning page after page trying to keep up with the drama that surrounds Rachel’s life.

Harrison shakes it up having a hate group that everyone thought had disappeared resurface, putting Rachel smack dap in the middle of everything. Witches are being killed and turned into something else more frightening and grotesque. And of course, Rachel is being asked to help, or they think she has something do with it.

This book had action in it, but it was more about the internal struggle going on inside of Rachel rather than ass kicking bad guys…though there is some ass kicking of bad guys. It was nice to see this introspective Rachel. I like the struggle of her deciding what to do with the powers given to her and what it really means to be a demon.

The “relationship” that seems to be developing between Trent and Rachel is slow and natural throughout the book. I’m not sure if I see it developing anymore into romance, to seems more like a really close friendship. I think they understand too much of each other and have too much of a negative in their past to make to ever make them a good romantic couple. But then again, I am probably totally wrong and in the next book we will see Rachel and Trent kissing in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

The best part about reading Rachel’s adventures is that when I read, I am totally in Rachel’s shoes. I see through her eyes and totally can root for her and also slap myself in the head at some of the things she says and does. Rachel is still totally amazing, and I cannot wait to see what’s in stall for her now that she has accepted her demon powers and what my favorite character, Al, has in store for her.

Comments