In the Dead-Jesse Petersen


You know, I love a good set of zombie survivor tales.



“When the Zombie Apocalypse began in Seattle and spread within days to almost the entire western half the country, the survivors had to figure out how to deal with the plague and live one day at a time. These are their stories.”

Jesse Petersen wrote an amazing compilation of zombie survivor stories. Each story was different from the next. They were more funny, sad and disturbing as the book progressed. I have to say I have read two out of three of Ms. Petersen’s main zombie books series, Living with the Dead, and they are amazing, but I found that these stories more fun to read. The end of each story left me frustrated for more. Not a bad frustrated, but a good one where I was left saying “really?! No more?!” Petersen did an amazing job leaving us, her readers begging for more, without getting pissed off...because there’s nothing I hate more than a book that just seems to peter out and end with a whimper instead of a bang. And thankfully, Petersen doesn't let this happen.

My favorite story was the wedding one. It seemed to be the most satisfying read of them all while I felt that the TV show one felt a little forced. But the one that seemed frighteningly true to human nature was the zoo short story. Can you imagine the government and/or the Private Sector, after the hulabalue of the zombie apocalypse, capturing a couple zombies and then putting them on display for the entire world to see? And then some kid who is being poorly supervised goes and starts what could the second wave of zombie apocalypse? I totally can!

Jesse Petersen captures all that is good and bad about society and shows us that even though the world comes to an end, people really don’t change that much: we are either the survivors, or those that take advantage of the survivors. Man, I can’t wait to read Eat Slay Love and Shambling with the Stars!

Comments